The mission of the Children’s Services Council of Okeechobee County is to enhance the lives of the children of Okeechobee County and to enable them to attain their full potential by providing a unified context within which children’s needs can be identified and targeted by all children’s services agencies throughout the community.
- To promote the social, psychological and physical growth of all children and youth in Okeechobee County.
- To develop and allocate resources to create, and provide support until established a comprehensive, coordinated and accountable system of programs based upon and responsive to the needs of children and their families in Okeechobee County.
- To advocate on behalf of children and their families and to address public policy issues which impact on children.
- To provide for early identification of and assistance to at-risk children.
- To establish a creative environment for responding to children’s needs.
- To serve as a conduit for funding and training resources and as a coordinating umbrella for the benefit of the service community attending to children in Okeechobee County.
- To establish a community standard by which to assess the viability of proposed and existent children’s programs in addressing the needs of Okeechobee County children.